Design your project with a greenhouse cooling calculator
A greenhouse cooling calculator helps you to predict energy consumption
1. How does a greenhouse simulator work?
- Calculate energy consumption and expenditures: heating, ventilation, lighting, dehumidification…
- The model includes specific greenhouse parameters: light transmission simulation, crop transpiration, equipment, heating system, climate settings…
- Hortinergy incorporates modern technologies such as semi-closed greenhouse, closed greenhouse, active ventilation, supplemental lighting…
- Model the inner climate (temperature, humidity) like a virtual greenhouse.
- You can simulate new projects as well as existing greenhouses.
- Greenhouse energy consumption for heating, dehumidification, ventilation and lighthing on an hourly, daily, monthly and yearly basis
- Inner climate modelling (temperature, humidity) on an hourly basis like a virtual greenhouse
- Consumption of the primary and secondary heating system and heat load-duration curve
- Equipment sizing
- Comparison of the solutions (annual, monthly basis)
Inputs of the greenhouse calculation tool
- GPS coordinates of the greenhouse for the weather file
- Greenhouse light transmission simulation with dimensions, materials and screens
- Intended internal climate settings (temperature, humidity, water deficit)
- Types of crop (tomato, cannabis, lettuce, strawberry…)
- Types of greenhouse (standard, semi-closed, active ventilation, closed)
- Heating, closed greenhouse and supplemental lighting equipment
- Greenhouse energy production and storage equipment
- Climate control settings: temperature and humidity during day/night time period, screens..
2. Methodology and reliability of the greenhouse software
Algorithms of the greenhouse calculator are complex. Therefore our servers need approximately 20 minutes to perform calculation to simulate your greenhouse. Then they send the reports.
C. What happens to my data in the greenhouse software ?
You are the owner of your data in all circumstances. We only use your data to simulate your greenhouse project. They are not communicated to a third party or reused in our calculations or for any other purposes.
Your data are stored for 1 year in a secured server of the greenhouse design software, then they are deleted. You keep your hands on it: if you ask for, we can delete all your data at anytime.
D. Reliability of the greenhouse cooling calculator
The climate modelling and energy consumption calculations are performed using proven algorithms. The 10% accuracy has been validated through measurement campaigns carried out at CTIFL, Astredhor and Wageningen University (WUR) in Mediterranean, ocean and semi-continental climates in conventional and semi-closed greenhouses.
Hortinergy, our greenhouse simulation software, was developed by Agrithermic in partnership with the CTIFL (French Interprofessional Technical Centre for Fruits and Vegetables) and the Astredhor (Horticultural Institute of Technology), the Agrocampus Ouest and the agricultural high school of La Cote saint André (CFPPA).